Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED171 - Body Conditioning
Catalog Description: Designed for students with minimal workout experience. Emphasizes weight control techniques, nutritional recommendations, safety precautions, warming up and cooling down, and cardiovascular training. Provides the opportunity to work out and learn new techniques including plyometrics, speed and agility exercises, balance exercises, and stability ball exercises.
Lecture: 1.5 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify the components of physical fitness (strength, cardiovascular endurance, muscular endurance, flexibility).
2. Demonstrate at least 5 body conditioning exercise techniques.
3. Identify at least 5 personal weight training and fitness goals.
4. Develop a fitness plan to meet personal goals.
5. Compare and contrast at least three alternative fitness programs.
Effective Term: Fall 2019