Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED178 - Tap Dance I
Catalog Description: Introduces tap dance as an art form through exploration of tap technique, history and aesthetics. Includes studio classes in basic tap technique as well as observation of tap dance on video and live in concert (when possible) and discussion of reading assignments and research.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Discuss the origins of tap dance.
2. Choreograph a daily warm-up routine.
3. Perform a basic traveling tap phrase.
4. Create an original phrase.
5. Discuss live performances.
6. Choreograph a short tap routine.
7. Choreograph a tap routine.
Effective Term: Fall 2019