Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED180 - Rhythmic Movement and Dance
Catalog Description: Introduces students to the lifetime benefits of rhythmic movement and dance. Focuses on creative movement programs that teach about movement through time and space with force and flow to music. Includes a variety of movement formats and music. Provides opportunity to analyze skills and plan and implement drills and activities while adhering to the New York State and National Physical Education Standards.
Lecture: 0.5 hrs.
Lab: 1 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify and define the components of Movement Education.
2. Break down identified major skills in rhythmic movement and dance.
3. Develop a rubric to assess a skill.
4. Explain the safety rules and procedures in equipment use.
5. Develop an activity lesson plan for rhythmic movement and dance.
6. Implement an activity lesson plan.
7. Analyze the benefits of daily fitness activity specific to rhythmic movement and dance.
Effective Term: Fall 2019