Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED250 - Introduction to Physical Education
Catalog Description: Introduces careers in physical education and sport, contemporary concepts, and new approaches to physical education and sport activities. Examines careers in teaching, coaching, sport administration, sport information, and related areas.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify the history and evolution of Sport and Physical Education (PE) in the United States.
2. Analyze a chosen career path using multiple resources.
3. Develop a personal philosophy of teaching, coaching or other selected career.
4. Discuss issues or trends evident in sport or PE today.
5. Develop a professional resume.
Effective Term: Fall 2019