Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Polysomnography Technology Courses:
PSG205 - Polysomnography Clinical 1
Catalog Description: The clinical application of entry-level sleep related diagnosis and treatment. Students will have the opportunity to work with patients under close supervision to further develop their skill and understanding of basic polysomnographic procedures. Prerequisites: PSG 114, PSG LB2, PSG 116, and PSG 120, PSG LB3 each with a grade of ‘C’ or higher.
Lab: 12 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Gather patient care data as needed.
2. Analyze the appropriate patient care data to develop or determine the appropriateness of a requested protocol or procedure.
3. Assess patients in preparation for polysomnographic procedure.
4. Orient patients in preparation for polysomnographic procedure.
5. Prepare and set up equipment for a specific protocol or procedure.
6. Conduct a complete mechanical machine calibration.
7. Conduct a complete monitoring process for a polysomnographic protocol or procedure, utilizing proper documentation and response.
8. Determine appropriate therapeutic interventions.
9. Implement appropriate therapeutic interventions.
10. Demonstrate personal behaviors consistent with professional and employer expectations, (dependable attendance and punctuality, appropriate professional appearance and preparedness, positive interaction skills, adaptability to interruptions and participation in continuing education activities.)
11. Identify approaches to improve timing, efficiency and decision making without compromise to patient care in completing assigned activities.
Effective Term: Fall 2019