Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
SPA102 - Elementary Spanish 2
Catalog Description: Strengthens Spanish listening, speaking, reading and writing skills acquired in Elementary Spanish I. Emphasizes the ability to use and understand Spanish in context at the high-novice level. Prepares students to interact with members of diverse cultures. See Advisement Homepage for Placement Guidelines. Instructor determines final placement. Prerequisite: SPA 101 or equivalent.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Use every-day speaking skills to ask or answer questions in the present or past tenses as needed. [speaking, listening]
2. Engage in spontaneous conversation using a variety of structures and vocabulary. [speaking and listening]
3. Deliver brief presentations incorporating a variety of structures and vocabulary. [speaking]
4. Identify the main idea from audio input (dialogs, advertisements, schedules, announcements, monologs etc.) using inferences. [listening]
5. Identify details from audio input in the past, present and future. [listening]
6. Read for content comprehension in several tenses (especially past, present and future). [reading]
7. Produce comprehensible written work (dialogs, paragraphs and short essays) in Spanish using a variety of structures and tenses (especially past, present and future.) [writing]
8. Discuss key cultural identifiers such as food, values, festivals and traditions of a variety of Spanish-speaking societies. [culture, diversity]
Effective Term: Fall 2019