Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
THE163 - Fundamentals of Directing
Catalog Description: Introduces basic directing skills with emphasis on script interpretation, scoring, casting, blocking, working with actors /technical staff, rehearsal and performance.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Analyze scripts to interpret a theme.
2. Describe the process of picking a play to direct.
3. Describe casting procedures.
4. Develop an audition process.
5. Practice effective blocking skills.
6. Score a script for beats and objectives.
7. Develop a rehearsal process.
8. Direct a ten-minute play.
9. Practice warm-up routines with actors.
10. Describe directing skills.
Effective Term: Fall 2019