Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
THE203 - Developing A Character
Catalog Description: Explores the acting process through physical and vocal exercises, script analysis, and character interpretation. Rehearsal and performance of scenes. Prerequisite: THE103.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Perform, with a partner, two contrasting scenes.
2. Perform a memorized monologue from a full-length play.
3. Differentiate acting approaches among various styles of acting, describing the importance to building acting techniques.
4. Critique live shows in theatrical language, evaluating performances based on voice, movement, and truthful behavior to a given set of circumstances.
5. Prepare a complete character analysis.
6. Adapt theoretical principles of acting to a personal style.
7. Write an actor's resume.
8. Write about acting experiences in a personal journal.
Effective Term: Fall 2019