Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
THE221 - Children's Theatre
Catalog Description: Participation in auditions, rehearsals, and production of a Children's Theatre play. Includes reading, analysis, and interpretation of children's theatre literature. Play performed before children in one of several possible settings, e.g., at the College, area schools, recreational sites, or hospital. One lecture hour, four laboratory hours.
Lecture: 1 hrs.
Lab: 4 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Describe crucial elements in successful children's theatre scripts.
2. Explain the ways children's theatre differs from other forms.
3. Analyze design aspects of a given script.
4. Implement experiential learning (i.e. by direct participation in the children's theatre production ensemble, or multiple observations of same).
5. Critique one's use of foundational concepts in the rehearsal process.
6. Engage in preparing or performing in a season's children's theatre production.
Effective Term: Fall 2019