Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Tourism & Hospitality Mgmt Courses:
THM116 - Global Destinations
Catalog Description: Examines each major geographic region of the world, studying the geographic character of specific regions as a tourism setting. Analyzes cultural, physical, and tourism characteristics of the locations to determine what attracts visitors to the area. Fall only.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Explain the historical development of the tourism industry. (1850 - present)
2. Communicate effectively in a professional business manner utilizing industry vocabulary and terminology.
3. Identify more than 500 different destinations, man-made attractions, and geographically distinctive physical features as an expression of proficiency in tourism knowledge.
4. Present research on a chosen destination, with a focus on creativity in design or delivery
5. Portray in-depth knowledge of a chosen destination with creativity.
6. Relate current events or trends to travel destinations.
Effective Term: Fall 2019