Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Veterinary Technology Courses:
VET100 - Veterinary Technology Orientation
Catalog Description: Catalog Description: The course introduces the student to the profession of the Veterinary Technician. The role of the veterinary technician in private practice and non practice settings will be examined by field trips to various businesses related to the veterinary profession. This course will also look at the history of the profession, certification process, personal and emotional issues confronting veterinary technicians. Fall only. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the Veterinary Technology program. Corequisites: VET 101, BIO 123 and BIO LB3.
Lecture: 1 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Explain professional issues confronting the veterinary technician.
2. Discuss law and ethical codes for veterinary technicians.
3. Compare the roles and responsibilities of the technician in private and non-private practices.
4. Explain the licensing/certification process.
5. Discuss the history of veterinary technology.
6. Create a medical record for an individual patient using the SOAP format.
7. Explain confidentiality of client-patient information.
Effective Term: Fall 2019