Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
TRIO Adult Educational Opportunity Center (AEOC)
Who We Are
The TRIO Adult Educational Opportunity Center (AEOC) is a FREE TRIO EOC program funded by the U.S. Department of Education and sponsored by SUNY Genesee Community College (GCC). Our department is made up of six professionals who are passionate about providing educational opportunities to the members of our community. We are knowledgeable and skilled in the fields of high school equivalencies, higher education applications and processes, state and federal financial aid, and scholarship opportunities available at the local, state, and national levels.
While we are sponsored by SUNY GCC, our program is separate from SUNY GCC Admissions and we do not recruit on behalf of the college, per our grant laws and regulations. Our participants can and are encouraged to apply to and attend any college or school they wish!
The purpose of AEOC is to provide free support to aid participants in our community in applying to, funding, and enrolling in further education. AEOC is here to help you achieve all of your educational and career goals and dreams!
What We Do
We offer individualized one-on-one appointments with our highly trained Outreach Specialists who can assist with:
- College and trade school applications
- Financial aid applications and scholarship searches
- High school equivalency options
- Career counseling and vocational training options
- Educational opportunities for veterans
- Financial literacy and planning
- And more!
All AEOC services are completely free! For a full list of what we offer, click HERE
Who We Serve
Participants must be:
- U.S. Citizens OR persons able to provide either:
- An A-number
- Other proof of being in the process of obtaining citizenship
- High school students and/or adults interested in further education
- Residents of and/or students attending/considering school in one of the following counties:
- Genesee County
- Livingston County
- Orleans County
- Wyoming County
- Allegany County
- Cattaraugus County
The majority of participants we work with are first-generation students (neither parent has a 4-year/bachelor’s degree) who meet certain income guidelines. (Note: These numbers are based on "Taxable Income")
Common populations we serve:
- Current high school juniors and seniors
- Current college students
- College students looking to transfer to another institution
- Veterans and family members of veterans or active-duty military
- Adults who had previously dropped out of high school and would like to earn their diploma
- Adults who had previously dropped out of college and would like to earn their degree
- Adults looking to advance in their current job or to change careers
- Individuals who recently moved and are new to the community
- Adults currently enrolled in High School Equivalency programs who are planning to go on to a college or trade/technical school
- Unemployed adults and adults who were recently laid off
- Single parents
- Incarcerated or recently incarcerated individuals
How to Get Services
Fill out our free, quick, and easy application HERE
Applications can be completed from any mobile device or computer and should take fewer than 5 minutes to complete. Once your application is submitted, please allow 1-2 business days for one of our outreach specialists to contact you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about the application.