Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
New Student Orientation
Date: Fall 2021 (TBA)
As we continue to grapple with public health concerns due to COVID-19, this year's orientation will be online/virtual (TBA). This means the following:
- Orientation Day: Join us as we provide information on campus life topics, answer any questions you have, and get a chance to meet other peers and Orientation Leaders (OLs)!
- Self-paced NSO Course: Students will be registered to the 'New Student Orientation' (NSO) course on Blackboard. Students will go through the course in a self-paced format.
Please note: Access information (i.e., zoom links) will be sent to your genesee.edu email. You will also be able to find zoom links in the NSO course.
The NSO program is designed to facilitate a smooth transition into the GCC community by educating students and their families on the academic and social opportunities and responsibilities expected at Genesee. Students are highly encouraged to participate in NSO for several reasons, including but not limited to:
- First step to a successful transition to the GCC community;
- Meet other new students and the professors who will be teaching your classes;
- Acclimate you to new surroundings and resources;
- Identify ways to become involved on campus.
The NSO program provides you with an introduction to GCC and will give you an opportunity to develop your own conclusions and ideas. Each campus location will be participating so you can get the same information no matter where you participate from!
If you have any questions, please contact Miguel Baique (email@example.com), Director of Student Engagement & Inclusion.
Student ID Cards
Need your student ID. Please carefully read the information, fill out and follow the directions on this form. Send the form with your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop by the office during business hours to obtain your student ID.