Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information
Below, please find the Fall 2020 GCC plan for campus operations:
- All classrooms and labs have been assessed to determine the maximum capacity while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Maximizing GCC’s hybrid and HyFlex learning environments that strategically combine in-person and online instruction.
- Labs requiring face-to-face, hands-on learning will be separated in multiple sections as needed to reduce classroom density.
- All College Village residence bedrooms will be converted to singles with one student per private room.
- The services that students rely on, such as the Library and Tutoring and Testing Centers as well as campus study spaces will be available for use following social distancing rules.
- Dining services will open but will focus on single-serve items and take-out items.
- While some programs and activities will look different in the Fall semester, GCC is committed to providing a vibrant student engagement experience for all students.
As of Monday, July 6th, GCC’s Batavia campus is partially re-opened, for employees. The Richard C. Call Arena, Childcare Center, campus pool, and gymnasium remain closed at this time.
The following measures are presently in place.
Only employees with a valid ID are allowed on campus at this time.
- All entering employees will be given a brief verbal screening about their physical health and an infrared, touch-free temperature reading by a member of the College’s Health or Campus Safety Office, who will have the authority to deny access to anyone deemed at risk for the COVID-19 virus.
- Summer staffing is being staggered to reduce population density.
- Maintain a six-foot distance from other people at all times, avoid physical contact such as handshakes.
- Wear a face mask at all times unless alone in your office.
- GCC Barnes and Noble College Bookstore remains closed, online only fulfillment until further notice
- Library remains closed Virtual access available here
- GCC’s Buildings and Grounds Department will be cleaning and disinfecting common areas and frequently touched surfaces throughout each day, and each department and individual will be asked to clean and disinfect individual workstations and equipment using College provided supplies.
Because this is a rapidly-evolving situation internally and externally, guidance will be continually provided by this site (Genesee.edu) and your GCC email account.
Additional Return to Campus Information for Employees:
Additional Resources for Consideration:
The information on this page was last updated on 7/2/2020 at 11:05 a.m.