Create Your Own Scholarship Fund
Creating your own scholarship fund is easy. You can use this easy Q-A checklist to identify the name and purpose of your fund. Complete the checklist, contact us at 585-345-6809 or email email@example.com and we'll provide you with a proposed letter of intent that can create your fund.
Scholarship Fund Creation Checklist
1. What name would you like to give to your new fund?
(Example: your name, your business name, you family name, or the name of a loved one)
2. Which of the following eligibility standards would you like GCC to use in making scholarship awards?
(Can be multiple)
- High academic performance or potential
- Financial need and hardship
- Students pursuing study in a specific program or field (note the program or field)
- Students living in a particular community (note the county, town, village, or school district)
3. Would you like to create:
- A permanent Endowment Fund (earnings are used to make awards) – gifts of $10,000 or more
- A Special Term Fund – ongoing gifts of $500 or more each year
4. If you decide to create your fund, when do you plan to make your gift(s)?
- $500+ gifts to term funds – within the next 12 months
- Gifts to endowment funds – $10,000+ gifts up to 5 years and/or through a Bequest