Articulation Agreements & Transfer Pathway Programs

Genesee Community College has different types of articulation agreements with a variety of four year institutions, allowing you to easily transfer after graduation.

Articulation Agreement

An Articulation Agreement is an agreement that has been made between GCC and a four-year institution. It is designed to allow GCC students who complete an A.A. or A.S. degree to transfer into the four-year college with full junior status.

GCC has articulation agreements with the following institutions:

SUNY Institutions:

As part of the SUNY to SUNY Advantage, students earning an A.A. or A.S. degree and who have been accepted into parallel programs at a four year SUNY campus will receive full junior standing. In addition to programs covered under the SUNY to SUNY Advantage, GCC offers a number of additional articulations with institutions within the SUNY system. These agreements exist for A.A., A.S. and A.A.S. degrees, for details on these agreements please contact the Transfer Coordinator located in the Student Success Center at the Batavia Campus.

Private Institutions:

Transfer Pathway Programs

Sometimes referred to as Dual Admit or Joint Admissions, Transfer Pathway Programs are an exclusive group of 4-year institutions and designated programs that provide a unique method for transferring and completing a bachelor’s degree after earning an associate’s degree. They are by no means the only path for a student to transfer, but does allow for an early connection with their intended 4-year institution. Students must apply through the Transfer Services Office at Genesee Community College, an application can be requested by emailing transfer@genesee.edu.

Accepted students will be enrolled in a program at GCC that lines up with the 4-year program they are pursuing and will follow a predetermined set of courses. Students will work closely with the Transfer Coordinator to ensure the correct courses are being taken. Upon earning an associate's degree at GCC, the student begins immediately at the baccalaureate degree granting institution with full junior status (provided certain academic standards are fulfilled at both GCC and the 4-year institution).

These specialized programs are designed for first-time, full-time students who know what bachelor’s degree they want and from what four-year institution. Learn more about the Transfer Pathway Programs to determine if this course of action is right for you. If you do not see your 4-year institution or program listed, please contact the Transfer Coordinator to create your own personalized transfer plan.