Genesee Community College

New Student Enrollment Checklist


The first step is to Apply to GCC! We operate on a rolling admission plan: applications are reviewed as they are received, and decisions are typically made within two weeks of our receipt of your transcripts and application.


Proof of high school graduation or equivalency is needed for acceptance. Please send the following (if applicable) to the Admissions Office:

  • Official high school transcript
  • If you have Advanced Placement (AP), you need to request the scores to be sent to us from College Board
  • A copy of your GED
  • Official transcripts from any college attended

Financial Aid

GCC offers a number of opportunities to save or earn money towards college. Last year we helped students obtain more than $15 million in aid for education. Visit our Financial Aid Office for additional information on filing your FAFSA as well as available scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study positions to help you pay for college.

Additional Admissions Requirements for Restricted Majors

If you are applying for a restricted major, such as Nursing, please be aware that there may be additional admissions steps and requirements. Please visit the website of the restricted major which you are interested in for more information.

Course Placement

The college is currently determining placement based on many factors. Please work with an academic advisor or success coach to determine your placement.


Proof of Adequate Immunization against measles, mumps and rubella is required of anyone born after 1956, who is enrolling for six or more credit hours. Students who do not provide such proof may be dropped from registered classes in accordance with New York State health law. All students registering for six or more credit hours must complete and return a meningitis response form. It is NOT necessary to have the meningitis vaccine. Those who fail to comply with these New York State laws will be prohibited from attending classes.

Certificate of Residence

To qualify for New York State resident tuition, you must submit to the Student Accounts a Certificate of Residence for each academic year. Application forms are available in the Student Accounts Office or at your county treasurer’s office. Certificate of Residency must be completed no sooner than 60 days before the start of the semester and no later than the 3rd week of your first semester of classes. After that date, you will be charged double tuition fees.

Advisement/Register for Classes

All accepted students are encouraged to connect with an academic advisor or success coach for course advisement prior to registration. Please visit the student success center website to see your advisement / registration options.


Tutoring (academic assistance) is available for all students. Please visit the Learning Center website for the most up to date information for engaging workshops and individual tutoring sessions. The Learning Center's workshop schedule is also available online.


If you have a disability and would like accommodations, please contact Access and Accommodation Services for assistance.

Tuition Payment

Tuition payment for fall is due the first week in August. Tuition payment for spring is due the first week in January. GCC also offers a tuition payment plan. You may enroll online via your myGCC account. If you have any questions regarding your tuition bill, you may contact the Student Accounts Office. GCC has the right to cancel your class registration if payment or arrangements have not been made prior to the due date. Once your classes are dropped, you will be able to re-register for open classes after payment arrangements have been made.

Student ID

You may submit a photo by completing the GCC Student ID Request Form. Once your ID is ready, the Office of Student Engagement & Inclusion will provide you with instructions to safely obtain your ID.

Parking Sticker

It is highly recommended that any student taking classes at the Batavia Campus obtain a parking sticker, free of charge, at the Public Safety Office. There is designated parking for students with disabilities and students driving motorcycles. Students with disabilities must obtain a New York disabled person parking permit from their town clerk’s office.


Textbooks may be ordered and paid via mail, ordered by phone with a Visa or MasterCard, or purchased at the Bookstore at the Batavia Campus.